We’re Hiring For Our Head of Private Law & Matrimonial Department
Posted on: January 22nd, 2021
After what 2020 and the pandemic brought to the nation’s economy, we’re pleased to be hiring for more members to join our team at Cygnet Law. The position we’re discussing today is for a Family Law Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive for the role of Head of Private Law and Matrimonial Department. We’re seeking a forward thinking, dynamic individual to take on this role and continue to develop an already expanding workload and team. The ideal candidate will preferably have experience of leading a team and planning strategic growth of a department.
A Bit About Cygnet Law
We’ve been established for over 20 years, providing legal services throughout Redcar and Cleveland, the Tees Valley and the North East. Our firm specialises in family and property law, with a dynamic and progressive team of solicitors, barristers and legal assistants. We hold a positive reputation throughout the area with vital charities, businesses and Local Authorities. Our services offer specialist assistance and advice in respect of the safeguarding of children, domestic abuse, mental health and conveyancing.
Our family law firm in Redcar offers exciting opportunities for motivated individuals. We are looking for people who share our vision for strategic growth in being one of the leading firms in the Tees Valley and North East areas.
For the role of Head of Private Law and Matrimonial Department, we are seeking an experienced and dedicated family lawyer, preferably with additional Panel Membership to join our thriving practice in Redcar.
The role requires effective management of a mixed caseload including private and publicly funded family matters, as well as caseloads regarding: divorce, ancillary relief, injunctions, children issues, pre and post nuptial agreements, domestic violence and TOLATA claims. The successful candidate will become a part of an established, specialist team, adopting a demanding and hands-on role within a progressive practice.
In addition to this, the role will require all aspects of leadership and management of the department along with supervision and mentoring of junior team members, whilst managing support services for the team.
To fulfil this role the candidate must:
- Be a qualified Solicitor or Legal Executive with three years’ plus PQE gained within a reputable family department.
- Preferably be a Family Panel Member and fully conversant with LAA processes.
- Have excellent technical and client care skills with a broad range of experience.
- Be highly organised and able to manage a full caseload with minimal supervision.
- Have strong advocacy skills.
- Be a flexible and proactive team member.
- Be driven, professional and personable.
- Have an ability to build a client base of the department and help market the company’s wider services.
- Have a creative and innovative approach to managing the growth and development of the department.
If you believe to be a perfect fit for this role, please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions about the role.
Talk to the experts
If you require any of our legal services or you're not sure where to get started, please contact us and we'll guide you every step of the way.Contact